Rami's Blog

Like the Yin-Yang, Eastern Martial Arts and Western medicine are two halves of a whole. My mission is to preserve the ancient mind-body tools, and pass them on to you.

 

Here are the resources that have helped me deal with deal with cancer and continue to live a great life.

I was very lucky 7 years ago when I met Rami Rones.  I had been diagnosed with a very aggressive form of Thyroid Cancer a couple of years earlier but had just received very bad news.  The cancer had come back and my prognosis was no longer a good one.

Thyroid cancer has the reputation of being the "good cancer" because it is often curable.  In fact something like 93% of all thyroid cancers are cured with surgery and a radioactive iodine pill.  Unfortunately, this leaves 7% of us without a cure and with a lot of anxiety.

After my 4th surgery I was told that I would need aggressive external beam radiation to my neck and I would also take a chemotherapy to make the radiation more effective.  I don't think I was ever as nervous or scared in my life.

Wandering the halls of Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, I saw a flyer that mentioned  a Tai Chi/Qi Gong class with Ramel (Rami) Rones.  I knew that most things related to the cancer were out of my control, but I had the feeling that doing something  that I did have control over might be helpful.

I immediately contacted Rami to better understand his mind-body, Tai Chi, Qi Gong methods and have never looked back.  Rami is a wonderful teacher as well as an extraordinary human being.  With Rami's help, I learned how to breath more deeply, meditate, perform long meditative stretches as well as the Tai Chi form.  These techniques have not only helped me deal with my cancer but they have helped me deal with all aspects of my life.

All through my difficult treatments I looked forward to doing Rami's "Mind-Body Prescription" daily.  I know that it helped me deal with fatigue, pain, muscle atrophy, and much, much more.

I recently was contacted by a film crew that had been contracted to interview two patients with agressive thyroid cancer to share their stories.

Because I highlight my use of Tai Chi and long meditative stretches in the interview, I decided to post this on Rami's site.

Thanks for taking a look and don't hesitate to leave a comment with any questions or thoughts.

Rick Abrams