About Ramel Rones
Ramel "Rami" Rones (take a look at his health care resume, martial arts resume, and biosketch) is a champion martial artist on the leading edge of Qi Gong therapies for patients with cancer, fibromyalgia and arthritis. He is the author of the best-selling Sunrise and Sunset Tai Chi books and DVDs, new online courses, a disciple of Master Dr. Yang-Jwing Ming, and the first Tai Chi Master to co-author a study in The New England Journal of Medicine and featured in the New York Times.
After his involvement in professional martial arts, Rami has focused his efforts on helping people with conditions such as cancer,
fibromyalgia, arthritis, aging, injuries, chronic pain, and stress. He is a Scientific Consultant of Mind-Body Therapies at Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Children's Hospital Boston, and Tufts Medical Center, as well as co-author of numerous scientific publications. He is also a co-founder of the cancer complementary website Cancer Wellness TV. Rami lectures and instructs on the techniques of the eastern Internal Arts in hospitals, institutions, and schools around the world. In addition to contributing articles to medical publications, he has been featured on television (CNN, National Geographic), in newspapers (New York Times, Boston Globe), and magazines (Inside Kung Fu).
Rami has developed a mind-body method based on the principles and techniques of Qi Gong, Tai Chi, Kung Fu, and Yoga.
The goals of the Rami's Mind-Body Method are:
- Improve physical performance through a balance of strength and flexibility
- Extend quality of life by building muscle mass and increasing bone density
- Relieve aches, chronic pain, and immobility be freeing the skeleton from a prison of soft tissue
- Oxygenate the blood, brain, and internal organs for a stronger immune system, with a diligent focus on cancer prevention
- Reduce stress, get better sleep, and tap into the power of the mind through various sitting, standing, and moving meditation techniques
- Activate your natural healing capabilities by balancing and upgrading your energetic system
- Connect to greater sources of will power and healing by evoking the spirit in every patient
Deeply versed, passionate and informed, Mr. Rones is a committed and caring teacher of the Asian Mind-Body arts including Qi Gong, Tai Chi, and Yoga.
—Ted Kaptchuk, Harvard Medical School, Author of The Web That Has No Weaver